Wednesday 22 April 2015

Ice is out!

Well yesterday Dick made it official and declared ice out. However as I look out my window I still see lots of ice starting at Reef Point and clogging Hopkins Bay. The wind has been blowing out of the west north west for days pinning the last of the ice there. Donna reports that there is no ice near Birch Island and Val over at McDonalds Inlet says it's all clear over there. The big yellow taxi is going in on the weekend and will be ready to roll. Carol and I are working hard getting the barge ready. RLBT has already booked several trips and some cabin openings. The lake is very low. You can monitor lake levels by going to my link page and click on lake levels. Well that's enough for now. I will blog in a couple of weeks with updates and lake conditions. 
Al. 

No comments:

Post a Comment